Terms and Conditions
Join us on sample date
Participants enter an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur. By entering the Event premises or Virtual space or otherwise joining Virtually, the Participant consents to such recording media and its release, publication, exhibition, broadcasting or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites and any other use deemed appropriate by CFF, and Participant waives all rights to any claims in connection with any such recording, release, publication, exhibition, broadcasting, reproduction or use.
When contemplating Events In-person or Virtual involving physical activity and determining whether Minors (under 18) should participate, parents and guardians should carefully consider whether the nature of the Event contemplated, and the abilities of the Minor present any risks and act accordingly.
COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious. The virus spreads from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects and/or airborne particles. COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death.
CFF has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at CFF events; however, it is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease and CFF cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending a CFF event could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
Notification of COVID-19 exposure: I agree, by signing below, to notify CFF in the event that I am diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days after attending a CFF event. I also agree that CFF may notify other event attendees that an event attendee was diagnosed with COVID-19 after the event. CFF will make every effort to protect my confidentiality, in compliance with relevant state laws, when notifying other event attendees. However, I understand that CFF may be required to also notify the state department of health about my exposure and department of health officials may contact me for further information. Additionally, I agree to immediately notify event management if I begin to feel symptoms of COVID-19 during the event.
Assumption of risk: By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending a CFF event. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a CFF event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, CFF employees, volunteers, and event participants and their families.
• Event participants must be registered.
• All minors attending this event must have this waiver executed by a parent or legal guardian.
• Restrictions may be imposed on the number of event participants allowed on the day of the event. Fees could be assessed against CFF for exceeding the number of event participants, volunteers and staff allowed.
• For safety concerns and out of the respect to all registered CFF event participants, we ask that “guests” or unregistered participants NOT be invited to join the event during the course of the event. Additional unregistered participants could compromise safety resources and diminish the experience for registered participants.
Important Note on Attendance at Foundation Events
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 the Foundation is taking steps to host safe events for our community. Please be advised that events may be subject to change at any time based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials.
To help minimize the risk of COVID-19, we ask that attendees at CF Foundation events follow these steps:
• Where mandated, practice physical distancing and maintain at least a safe 6-foot distance from persons outside of their household.
• Face masks are encouraged and should be worn in accordance with local guidelines. (Note, children under two years of age should not wear masks due to safety concerns and therefore should only attend outdoor CF Foundation events where they are able to distance and stay within their family group.
• Follow basic infection, prevention and control practices by regularly washing hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand gel, covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your inner elbow.
• Persons with CF should consult their physician before participation in any in-person event as they may be at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. For indoor events, it is CF policy to invite only one person with CF to be in-person at the event at a time. For outdoor events, people with CF should maintain a safe 6-foot distance from persons outside of their household at all times.
For Your Safety and the Safety of Others
• For the health and wellbeing of the CF community, we strongly encourage that participants be fully vaccinated and have received the CDC recommended booster shot when joining us in-person for the event.
• Please be advised certain localities and venues may require you to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination. We will communicate these requirements in event communications.
• We are counting on the fact that you appreciate the potential consequences of exposing members of the CF community to COVID and will not attend an event if you are feeling ill or have been recently exposed to COVID.
• We cannot guarantee that all people in attendance at the event, including participants, sponsors, volunteers, vendors, or others, have been fully vaccinated.
Medical evidence shows that germs may spread among people with cystic fibrosis through direct and indirect contact as well as through droplets that travel short distances when a person coughs or sneezes. These germs can lead to worsening symptoms and speed decline in lung function. To further help reduce the risk of cross-infection, CFF’s attendance policy recommends inviting only one person with cystic fibrosis to attend the indoor portion of an event at a specific time. For the outdoor portion, CFF recommends that all people with cystic fibrosis maintain a safe 6-foot distance from each other at all times.
Please note that CFF has the right to ask any Participant to leave an In-person Event or to not participate Virtually at any time if this policy or other CFF policies are not followed.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL PROVISIONS OF THIS RELEASE, AND FREELY AND KNOWINGLY ASSUME THE RISK AND WAIVE MY RIGHTS CONCERNING LIABILITY AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.